Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sorted for the weekend


tasha & grim
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
Sunday Sunday (cue Blur track)...It was a good restful sunday. God bless the extra hour of sleep I got. Tim and Tasha called me this morning to drag me out of bed. They wanted to go to the Diner and have breakfast. I like spending time with my non-work friends. I like spending time away from the office. Its cold here now and all the russians remind me that THIS ISN'T COLD weather...its not cold yet. Oh great.

Afterwards, we went out on the town, did some window shopping at Garbushka, and picked up some groceries. Went back to Tim's place and watched some goofy things on television before making my way around home. Nothing like seeing friends ina non-stressful, casual way to put a cap on a relaxing weekend

As I sit here, I gleefully watch PULP-GREATEST HITS : THE VIDEOS on the television. Oh Candida...Do you remember the bear? Another long story...I like these guys, I used to like them a heck of a lot more though.....I usually overdoes on bands and than can't listen to anything of theres after a while. Its such a trip to listen to this stuff and remember 1995-1997 time period.

For my HS graduation gift, my parents paid for me to go to the UK to visit Omar in London. On the flight over I met the guys from Nitzer Ebb and they invited me to their concert. I never did though.

tasha & grim
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
Anyways when I was in London, I got caught up in Pulp Mania. I wanted to live like Common People, and do whatever common people do....It wasn't until I moved to the UK where I completly understood the song and realized why it was so upsetting and insulting. You don't want to be part of the Common people, being poor isn't cool. I remember reading all these life stories of Jarvis, feeling like a loser while he was still at home and his friends went on with thier futures and lives. I graduated school HS and was going to school nearby by car (UIC). No one was around that I knew and I was working as well delivering Pizza. Dark times. Its good now to smile and listen to music from that time. There was a whole "Sod It" mentality with it all. It'll all work itself out....and in some ways it did. yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home