Worshiping false idols
There is this girl in the office who has been getting fresh flowers sent to her at work every week. This week the flowers came on Friday. Normally they come on Monday. This has been going on for the past 3 months. I decided to ask Ira what was going on. Supposedly some guy really really likes her and has been sending her flowers every week. Is it her boyfriend.....no. In fact her boyfriend is now her fiance. It turns out its some guy who really really wants her. He sends her flowers, buys her presents, and is always doing things for her.Does she like him? She says that she's not interested. Does this guy know that she's engage.....no. She said "Why would my boyfriend care anyways....he doesn't need to know really.., also I like getting things." This guy, I mean is trying hard to get her attention. He's using his wallet to do so. I seen this before. Guys being really into someone and just spending away to get some girls attention. I've also seen the girl keeping quiet about her non-desires in order to keep getting attention. I don't know, isn't there a part of love that includes respect and honesty? At the end of that day, its what you don't say that could get you in more trouble.
I've gone through that phase where I was a doormat. God I hated it. For some reason I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I was like that Ducke guy from the Pretty in Pink movie. The cheerful friend who was there for the girl, respectful, was always there, but saw his devotion running away with a nice haircut and a convertible. Flirting is VERY powerful. I see women use this trait all the time to get what they want. My sister and I had a funny experience at a K-Mart blowout sale. We more of less walked out with most of the great goods for nothing. Chad tried doing the same thing but was denied...poor chad.
I don't know why I get so resentful when I see this kind of stuff. I guess this whole thing about not being direct just bugs me. Even when I was in High School and Jessie was getting these girls we knew to buy us tickets and take us places, I still would sit them down and tell them that they were being used and should put up with it. For these girls, maybe there was some self-esteen issues involved. What's funny is when I tell this story to my guy friends, some of them ask me where these girls are now, cause they could use a Herum of women buying them tickets and cooking for them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home