Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Criticism

From nick to me, after having yet again another embarressing day at work.


DSC00218
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
Rules Every Sales - Trader should know and follow:

1. Problems won't go away if you avoid them

2. Confront the client and the issue at hand, don't dance around the topic. Be direct.

3. Be a storyteller. Anyone can read the screens. Give them value for their call.

Conclusion: I'm terrible as a Russian Sales-Trader

I took a lot of criticism today. I'm not good at getting criticism but i do like hearing it. I want to do and be better. By the end of this abusive day, I stopped talking to him cause he went from being constructive to being mean...probably out of boredom. He knew he crossed the line too. He saw that I was upset when I life the office. He called me on my cell a few times but i was on the phone already. He than texted me late tonight "don't hate me...please" We work and socialize too closely at time. Maybe it was a good idea to do differnt things this evening. Went out with a differnt set of friends that have really nothing to do with work.

You know, his rules are helpful and he is right. I'm very willing to conceed to people when they are right, esp when pointing out things that i need to improve with. I'm not going to give up though.....This has to be one of the most complicated relationships I've had. Its just me and him in our whole firm that do what we do...and he's the best at it. I know he wants me to be better. Maybe I hate it that I disapoint him. Before I start linking this all back to my dad and math homework in 7th grade, I better go downstairs, have soe juice, and go to sleep. Every few weeks I have an upseting day like this...Lets see what tomorrow brings...

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2005 at 11:59 PM, Blogger RU ETL said...

wow, any why isn't "happyness is chemical" updated? You have so much to say. In fact your problem in life used to be that you couldn't keep quiet. Countless sad session in Lit class where you and Ms. Evil would fight and you'd get thrown out into the hallway. You just couldn't keep your mouth shut. And of course you did crack and egg over your head to get elected to some lame student govenment job....which I help to establish. See a trend....I build the bridge, you become the troll underneath..eh?

Anyways, I like the advice, I've always liked your advice and crazy rants. Lot of Ideas Kwag, just....needs.....a....touch...of....focus......

I wish I can quote current books from "the" time in reference to life's questions. I should stop reading about Bono and start reading something more imaginative. I hear the Bible is a page turner (heh heh Chad, don't get any ideas)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home