The world is ours....
I'm looking forward to 2005 ending. It was a really intense year. I managed to blog many stories from the year so I'm happy about that. I also lost an organ and have a new digestive tract (me minus galbladder.) When looking forward to next year, one starts thinking about holidays and where one wants to go on vacation next year. Dan and I were both discussing holidays over the phone. He and Sarah are curious about coming to Moscow. I think Steven and Diep are also looking into it. Hey, come on out. 2006 is a GREAT time to make a trip...don't wait till 2007. Trust me.One of my favorite blog patrons was under the impression that I've traveled to South America. Alas, that continent and Oceana (Australia) are the 2 continents I've never visited. I hope in time that does change.
Let me take inventory of all the places in the world I've been too. This isn't a brag list, its meant for me to keep track.
Countries/Places Visited in Lifetime :
England, France, Spain, Monaco, Czech Repiblic, Slovakia, Austria, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Mallorca, Vatican City (cheap, I know) Hungary, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, S. Korea, N.korea (3 min), Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, China, Pakistan, Qatar, Phillapeans, Taiwon, Hawaii (US), Macau, Russia, Cyprus, Sweden (this week), Mexico, Turkey, Kamchatka(part of Russia), Vietnam, Egypt, Switzerland
I've supposedly been to Copenhagen when I was a little kid which doesn't count. My danish friends would not allow that to count..I should go visit them one day. If anyone can alphabetize those country names, I will re-edit my blog and thank you for the help!
Cities I've lived in : Chicago, IL, Bartlett, IL; Naperville, IL; Seoul S. Korea, Urbana-Champaign, IL, Wayne, NJ, London, UK, Moscow, Russian Federation.
God I hate moving around so much.
Where I want to go (not necessarily next year) Iceland, Italy again and again, South Africa, Australia/NZ, Dubai, India, Portugal (why not?), Islands of the Carribian (Antiqua, Barbados, St. Kits), Brazil, Argentina, Terra del Fuago., Chile, Belize, Denmark, Berlin(!), Mongolia, Japan again, Korea again, Vancouver, Alaska, Oregon, Maine (ok, let me leave US out of this), Sisters place in St. Thomas, Seychelles, African Safari, Pau Pau New Guinea, Fiji.
Now if I don't make it to all these places, so be it...I've been all over anyway. All these places I've mentioned have made me tired! just thinking about all that traveling. I've gotten excited about the idea of a cruise lately. I found out that its not just a boat on water where you are trapped and you have to pay a ton of money to eat. They have movie theatres and SPAS! and all this other stuff where you can just go and relax.
Ksenia was asking me the other day (after placing all my plane tickets in her safe keeping) when the last time I took a real vacation where for a whole week I got 8 hours of good sleep and truely rested. I couldn't remember. She gave me this whole lecture about how THAT is what you should be doing with your time off, resting instead of rushing around america, sleeping 4 hours and buying junk. She's right in a way. She's usually right. God I hate her..
Dan was mentioning that he wanted to go to Ankor Wat Cambodia. Now Dan, its not close to Russia, we can't go there when you come visit me here. Ankor wat does look beautiful. Did you all see that video of that guy who travels the world and just dances and dances. I think he ended up in Ankor wat. Looked really nice. The scene of him at a Thai Red light district was a bit dogdy though...Maybe it was by accident. I've accidently ended up in those areas before...I'm sticking to that story.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home