Monday, January 31, 2005

dude, lets buy some cds...


dude
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
So I'm sitting at home and around 5:30pm talkington calls and asks if I want to go to Garbuska with him. He mentioned to me on Friday that he was going to go on Sunday, but usually I just blow those things off as something that will "eventually" happen, but no..he called and said we should go. I saw tim this weekend in his car around my neighborhood. He was in his car driving about with this blonde girl. I asked him if blonde was coming along..he said "dude, you bet"


garbushka
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
Garbuska is one of the largest electronics markets in Europe. Its truely amazing and a must for anyone to visit. They sell digital cameras, guitars, computer parts, tvs, vaccums, pirated cds, mp3 cds, and pirated dvds. Tim goes there every few weeks to buy pirated DVD's to watch at home. I have started to have a collection of pirated dvds. They are so cheap! for 2 bucks you can get dvd quality of movies that are in the theatres. Tim bought 'closer' and 'ray'. I bought 'finding neverland', 'a fish called wanda' and 'wimbeldon' (why not...its cheap). They also have this really great selection of cds. I heard this A-ha song called I wish I cared the other day and I couldn't get it out of my head. Tim's blonde friend Natasha turned out to be a a-ha fan as well and she went to all the stores with me to find the cd. I finally found that cd as well as the first record by zoot woman. I'm going to love this Garbushka.

Tim is a good guy. I mean he's the head of sales and thus one of my superiors, but we spent a lot of time talking about our past jobs. He apparently worked at apple computers and was fired after 3 days for being drunk at work. he was in charge of plugging in motherboards and testing them out. One day he was so drunk that he fell asleep and all these motherboards on the assembly line started to get back logged and the whole facility had to be shut down for an hour. His career in computers ended. I shared with him my story of working for Deutsche Bank for a record 4 hours, before I just....left. He laughed at that. Its not one of my brightest moments. I've been wanting to work at an investment bank for years and I get the chance and just leave.... things did work out for me eventually...


i'm by your side, dear
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
So Natasha is like Tim's new girlfriend of sort. Tim just turned 40 and he met her through friends about a week ago. He told me when she left the table that they have spent 5 of the last 7 days together. good for him. Tim was telling me that he has dated in russia on and off, and things never really last but he's not worried about that really cause he's fully convinced that there are other fish in the sea, so who cares...

We went to Scandinavia for dinner. Amazing hamburgers...and I was right in the middle of their date. It was almost very Seinfeld. She ordered a tomato juice and drank is really quickly and asked for another one, and then another one. She left the table and Tim was like "dude, don't you think she really loves this tomato juice..don't you think its a little strange" now natasha was on my good side cause she went out of her way to find all the stuff I wanted at Garbushka. I said to Tim "Why would I care what a woman drinks, she shouldn't have to feel so self conscious". I guess it wierded tim out. That and a few other little things. I guess that's the thing. If I was constantly dating differnt people all the time like Seinfeld, I would just pick apart the smallest things about people and just toss them back. I don't know, I thought she was nice, friendly, smart and very pretty. I thought Tim was doing well for himself, but alas it was all these little things that drove him nuts. Whatever makes people happy I guess. You can't decide what makes you like someone or sometimes you can't even pick the people you are or not attracted to. I'm happy that I'm very easy going. I just hope the best for them. To quote the song from A-ha that I wanted to get "I wish I cared, yes I really do..." but alas I don't about these things. I did have a good burger though....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home