a quiet saturday, my favorites
You know what I like to do on Saturdays? nothing. I like to do nothing. Friday night was loud and long and too much. Today I'm just going to relax. I don't see people much on the weekends. I stay in, throw on a dvd or just read. I'm finishing up this Bob Dylan autobiography. I don't own any of this music but he's an interesting story teller. Lay on my sofa and just read. I want to read more actually. I want to re-read the douglas adams books. I will one day. I'm also in the middle of 4 other books that I just can't finish. I've been reading "Kitchen Confindential" for 3 years, and same with "Fever Pitch". There is this book on russian oligarchs i want to finish too. I have too much to read, I sadly loose interest or get busy and never go back to them. I hope russia is a place where I can catch up on my reading.I went to the gym also today. I like my gym a lot. I hope to go more than just on the weekends. They have a 25-meter pool (1/2 olympic size) and its just very chilled out there. It gives me an excuse to listen to my ipod and just sweat.
Walking around my neighborhood, I keep forgetting how beautiful it is. I live right down the street from the Moscow Conservatory (music school) which has this really big statue of Tchaikovsky out front. I expect to overhear symphony #5 or swan lake as I walk by. Its going to be nice to walk around in the summer time.
There is this really cool coffee shop called Coffee Mania right next door to the music school. It remind me of the coffee houses in NY. They have amazing juice and Wi-Fi Internet but I always forget to bring my laptop (which is sitting here collecting dust...:(
woman in chains by Tears for Fears is on, that song always made me feel sad for some reason. It sounds sad. There are a handful of songs that have the affect on me. Its the same with a handful of U2 songs. I have a playlist now on my itunes of meloncholy music. I love it. I heard this song at Coffee Mania by A-ha. I'm going to figure out what it is and try to get it.
Time to go back to my book. Hope you all are ok. give me a call sometime...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home