dance monkey, dance!
Took this photo at work after Talkington! went on and on for a while about these bananas that were in his car. They froze and turned dark brown but kept talking about how they were still good and they were going to be yummi to eat. "dude" he said, "these bananas are going to rule". Remember Tim is a 40 year old Managing Director who also moonlights as my High School friend sometimes. While he was eating his banana I kept asking him to dance like a monkey. He started to for 10 seconds and I took this picture. He got really self conscious and stoped and asked for me to delete this picture. You know if some people actually found out about this blog, they would be really upset. oh well. I can also go back to BP. Behind tim is Julia. Chad liked Julia... a lot. She is the intern he refered to in his blog.So on the way to the grocery store I called my buddy John in Korea. 80% of my cell phone calls are paid for so I decided, why not... Its been a while since I talked to john cause I can't get the whole time zone thing right. It turned out to be 1am when I called him but like me, that joker is up all times of night and day. I told john about this blog so Hello john! Welcome to my insanity. I think you've visited my insanity before, it was called 1992-1996. John and I have been friends since I was 15, but I've known him since I was 12 I think. Dont need to go into the story of john, but it was great to see him again this last summer after not seeing each other for 5 years. It took one bus ride from the airport to his house to catch up. That was amazing. He's in the army now...no I still can't figure out that one.
I came home and called Jason, a friend of mine in chicago. He only has blocks of 30 min where he can talk, 3 days a week. I was lucky to find out that I got a special day where it was an extended period where I could talk to him. I hadn't talked to him since I left chicago and it was good to catchup and just babble on about insanity. I talked to him about john and about moscow and just chatted. My new nickname for him is Ignory McSnorey. I remember telling someone I love a long time ago that they truely needed a a severe beating, and I think the same holds true for him. Jas, trust me, I'm only 15 hours away by plane, but I'll do it if I have to. No, it was a great and long chat.
During the call I kept getting calls from Marcus (new york office "friend") to come out. Him and Nick were with one of our clients at the Marriott hotel Tverskaya. They were going to Niteflight for steaks and Marcus has been egging me on and on about my lack of "going out". I had enough so I got dressed again and went to meet up with them. BUT FIRST I HAD TO GET MY DRY CLEANING THAT I FORGOT! at the office (thanks guys..)
Niteflight is well, a strange place. Its one of the best resturants in town, a great steak joint and amazing food upstairs, and downstairs is an elite night club with um ah...independant contractors. There is a sepreate staircase for going to the resturant so we just ate and talked with the client till about 1am. Marcus was being a bit of a jerk and I just wanted to get it over with. Pete stayed in and watched the aviator on dvd. I kept thinking how Id rather be at pete's place then hanging out with such additues. I still deep down nick is a really good guy. He told everyone that all weekend he'd tell his wife stories of all the funny things I've said and did all week. She things its cute but also is tired of hearing about it. She calls the offices and busts my chops about it all the time...shes cool...so yeah now I think Marcus and Nick are going to continue going out but so what. I'm tired and I don't need to get in trouble to feel alive. I'm too old and my bones are too frail. Actually my bed sounded like a nice option. In my nice clean apt.
Its late and I should sleep and I will. There are a lot of benefits when you leave your apartment at 9:15am to go to work. Late nights aren't really a problem. I have the worst memory when it comes to things I should take care of. now I have to rememeber to pay my credit cards and my att mobile bill. Ialso keep forgeting to forward all my magazines to my moscow/ny address so I get them. I would love ot start getting mail. I'll sort it out. oh and whoever called me at 2am, you really freaked me out. Guys, call me thats fine but keep calling until you reach me. I couldn't go back to sleep and I paniced and tried to call everyone. I live on the other side of the planet, who knows what could be happening in your area.....ok...tkae care and nite nite.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home