Friday, January 28, 2005

the key to the masculine city


dima
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
Dima P. He's Pete's partner in Il Mulino, chornic playboy and also a really nice family man at the same time! He's a legend in Moscow. He can get into any club, any concert, any event just by showing up. you drop his name and you automatically get a reservation. I like the guy and he's really friendly to me. He's the one the christened me "Shady slim". He calls everyone something stupid. He called everyone one evening slim and called me that and got sensitive and said "I'm not trying to insult you". I told him "I'm not upset, I would love to be called slim". So then he said eminem was slim shadey, you'll be shadey slim. He's one of our client as well so he calls and I help him out on busines and see him at nights at vouge.

Me, irina, Ksenaia, Dima, talkington, and Marcus took out this client of ours from NY. We invited Dima cause we knew that Dima would come in handy. Lets just say that this client seemed a little light in his footstep, but for some reason he felt like he had to overcompensate by constantly talking about the "hot chicks" all around moscow. It just sounded so funny for him to say that expression. Everyone picked up on it but the client kept going anyways.

shatush!
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.

My sister said to me that her friends laugh when they hear that I'm in Moscow cause its known to be a paradice for single men. I won't argue that its not a very masuline city, it is. We went to Shatush, this very trendy resturant that had a dj, was very dark, and had scantaly clad women dancing on the bar tops. Why? I have NO IDEA! but alas while eating my pad thai, I got go go dancers in the background. Our overcompensating client kept talking about their hair and their outfits.

Afterwards we went to OSEN which means fall in russian. These guys set up these night clubs in these abandoned buildings every season. Zima (winter) will open in Feb when Osen closes. Last summer I went to Leta (summer) once. It was a parking lot that was transfered into a wkd night club. Anyways I showed up early and we had paid $1000 bucks to reserve a table at this club for the client. I tried to get in but PASHA the super hip king of face control in moscow would not even look at me. I had to stand in the cold waiting to get in, even though I was on the VIP list. Then low and behold Dima shows up and said "PASHA!"...as quick as possible Pasha opened up the velvet rope to let us all in. I told Dima about how PASHA treated me. He walked me over to the guy and he introduced me to him and told PASHA "Don't ever give me friend a hard time again...!" PASHA apologized and we went in.

It was loud club. I have no interest for loud clubs that play the same beat over and over but it was free and an experience. They had these scantaly clad women AGAIN dancing on the ceiling area. Everyone was drinking but I kept ording juice. Man, freshly squeezed juice in moscow is amazing....so anyways Talkington was going out of control and acting nuts. I sat at our table and talked to Ksenia and Irina. Irina was tired and chatted about her boyfriend in LA. That converstaion lasted 2 min before I got bored.

ksenia and irina
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.

Ksenia on the other hand was upset cause she's still getting over nick. She knows me and nick are friends and she asked me all these questions. We chatted for an hour and she started to open up about this guy in Novosibersk Siberia who was the only guy she ever loved and how she hasn't talked to him in over a year. It was really intense how she was describing the whole thing. They have know each other since HS and she has dated countless guys but this one guy was the only person she ever loved. She said "he's in my blood, she's a part of me, that can never change....He is who I am" wow. She's been running away from him cause he's too much of an idealist and she thinks he'll never have any money or will ever take care of her. But she can't get him out of her system. Just my luck, I'm out clubbing and I'm making girls cry. After our chat I was exhausted but then decided to dance about anyways. After a while I knew it was time to go so I went home. Its now 5am and I should go to bed. strange night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home