set adrift
Friday, the end of a long and hellish week. In the work place constant internal fighting just kept draining away all our energy. People are starting to get annoyed with each other and some people are trying to put others in their place. I've been lucky and staying out of all this internal politics.As some of you may have already heard from last week, Friday night has turned into Latino night. They have reopened Panco Vias, this mexican cantina/resturant. We went last week and had a good time. They have a live band play and every enjoys the company of fellow expants, co-workers, and friends.
I've had a lot on my mind this week so I wasn't into it as I was the privious week. We hired this new girl, Masha and she came out with Ksenia and others to join us. Masha is new and really friendly. I have been really nice to her cause I felt for her..being new and having a hard time with everyone. She came to the place and was really happy to see me and we chatted for most of the night...More on that later...
So nick was all in party mode and grabbed Masha to dance with the band. I watched them dance for song after song. I was impressed that nick could dance. I have no clue how to dance formally. Besides weddings, I've never needed to learn. Masha claims to have been professionally trained and watching them move gracefully made me really want to learn. She then grabbed me and tried to teach me a few steps. Everyone got a great laugh watching my 2 left feet at work. I love dancing in general, but this time I was lost. I still had fun thought.
After the dance, we started talking and it turns into a chat about how lonely she is and.....basically in one week she became 3 for 3. I've had 3 different people who I've been friendly with show interest in me. I don't want to go into the other 2 stories, and also I know |I may sound like the biggest wanker in my tone but this wasn't my goal to hurt other people's feelings. I've come to the conclusion that men and women when single can't be close friends when one of them is esp. lonely. I don't know what it is but when I was lonely myself years ago I couldn't find anyone to spend time with, and now when it rains, it pours....but I am feeling slightly guilty about it.
Dan wrote me the other day saying "I see that russian women are beautiful, I don't know whether to envy you or feel bad for you." well this may suprise some of you who read this blog, but I've been happily together with someone i've know for...almost forever and I'm really enjoying it. I guess my problem is that I just don't let people know or ever really bring it up. I don't know why I'm hiding it or keeping it this big secret...but I feel bad and wonder if I'm leading people on or just sending strange signals...I have no idea. Not looking forward to next week and dealing with this all.
I'm back home, its early saturday morning and I'm really tired. My internet isn't working so I'm typing this up and will upload it when its working again...The song "set adrift" by PM Dawn just came on...man talk about a flashback. I love this song cause it transports me back to 8th/9th grade...Korea in the 90s where my problems and life was drastically differnt. I feel better getting lost in a song, even for 4 min. "The next day I had the ring, finger on her hand, I wanted her to be a big PM dawn fan, but I had to put her right back with the rest...thats the way it goes...I guess"..........


1 Comments:
duh, farhan, you're just cool. this is sarah, btw, but i don't actually remember my lame blog's address. i was complaining about the fact that i can never think of stuff to say for the blog with some friends. and they pointed out that i work in a library. so i told them a funny library story and then i realized that that was yet another story i didn't need to write up; i used it up. the girls are falling for you cause you rock.
Post a Comment
<< Home