looking for satilites
so i got bored and decided that I wanted more out of the television package I had... I have NTV which used to be run by boris (wrote about him way before). I get discovery channel, discovery civilizations, discovery travel, animal planet, mtv russia (boring!), vh1, cnn, hallmark channel, bbc news and fashion tv. In all it was limiting.I heard that there is this guy who installs this "hotbird" satilite that gives you more international programing. All for one flat fee. You get 250 channels but a very small handful of channels in english. I bit the bullet and decided to go get this service. Now I thought he was going to replace my small satilite dish with this bigger one. Instead I now have 2!!!! dishes outside my window! why?!?!?! I have NO IDEA! but I was definatly surpised by that.
I came home to turn on the tv and presto..I now have BBC Prime (a random UK tv channel that shows hodge podge of uk tv) and a few differnt mtvs (france and germany) alot of dffernt music channels, some sport channels, and CNBC which shows conan on the weekends. I also got 240 channels I plan on never watching. You name the dodgy country, I have its channel. I spent 20 min the other night watching the weather forcast for Tunisia. Tunisia isn't that big, but who knew its weather was so complicated. Moldova TV, Motenegro, Kuwait, Hungry, Italy, Spain, greece, everywhere! i have their channels, but it does me no good. There is also some dodgy 1-900 type channels where these blonde women are on the phone with dirty arab men and well, you can use your imagination. I have 3 of those channels...and one is completely in italian but the numbers are all for arab countries.
Annoyed by this overwhelimg selection I programmed the remote to only show the few channels that I watch. I don't really watch much tv as it is. I mainly put something on and put it on mute and listen to music. In the states I would put the closed captioninng on and listen to my mp3's while trying to follow the plot on tv. I mainly like movies on tv or dvds rather than tv shows. I can't stand sitcoms really, and reality tv is really aweful. I just find it all stressfull as it prevents me from doing what I should be doing with my time. I don't find it relaxing....unless its an educational type program (trading places...why stars exist..) or sketch comedy or something. I do like smallville, but that's for other reasons completely.
oh, and btw, i like dubstar



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home