Thursday, January 13, 2005

Winterwonderland Fun 04/05


smiley
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
Had a great time these last 4 weeks in the states. It was strange cause I was in America so long that I completly forgot that I live in Moscow. Maybe that was a good thing. I arrived in Chicago Dec 17th then to NY on Dec 19th - Dec 30th. Then Back to chicago till the 9th of January. I was suprised about how much I was able to get done and at the same time how many people I met and all the new memories I made. I thought I'd tried to blog these weeks...a recap...and then move on to life in 2005 (which isn't too bad)

Working back in NY was strange. It felt like I left for a long time and I was visiting a disaster area. It felt really different, even though it has only been slightly over a month. Maybe I was the one that changed. What was cool was all the fun I had outside of work. Me, Dan, and Sarah did our Christamas spectacular which I hope is an ongoing tradition.


Christmas!
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.




Boy did they go all out. I felt lots of love opening up all those great gifts. Thanks guys. Me and Dan also managed to go into the Studio and try to hash out some lyrics and music for one of our edge to life songs. I hope with the new year and with more of my equiptment now in Moscow, we will write more together. Sarah like usual is in good spirits and is always tired out by my spastic ways. My sister is doing well with her baby (aliza) she seems to be a bit overwhelmed so she hired a nanny to help her out. I miss living with them and I've noticed that little sofia (my other niece) missed having me around...


smiley
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.


Scott drove down from Boston to meet me in Manhattan with his new GF he met in North Carolina. Do you have an idea how fun North Carolina is? I've gone every since since he's moved there. Scotts a good guy and I'm glad to see that things are working out. We plan on having some more romantic german adventures this year and I cant' wait... please don't get the wrong idea.

Back in Chicago I celebrated the New Years with Steve, his family, Jenny, her family, and Jason. I convinced Jenny and Jason to come down to Naperville and spend the day with me and chad. You know what, it was a ton of fun. I don't normally have people come all the way to naperville cause its so far, but I just put my foot down and bearing in mind that Jason didn't mind driving, I invitied them over to meet my family and see my haunts.


mybasement
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.


As you can see, we sure had a great time. I spent the whole time in my parents basement, kinda turned it into my apartment while I was there. I was really happy to see Chad Jason and Jenny getting along. Chad is leaving Naperville and I wish him the best of luck. Its also great to be reaquainted with Jenny and to spend time with Jason who easily puts a grin on my face.

Got to spend a lot of time with Kelly while I was in town. What was neat was that we actually did things, we were quite busy running around town or going to this or that event.


kelly
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.


Normally I visit her for 1 night and just sit around with her. I've been doing that for...8 years now..but I don't think we did too much of sitting around this time (nor the 1 night thing). What I'm happy about is that even though we spent a lot of time out and about with everone, it was still a lot of fun. Its good to know that we can have a good time in each other company. Its kinda always been that way.

Being Dan, he gave us all one day to hang out with him in Chicago. Sadly it was a day of a huge blizzard. Steve took the day off just to have the time blocked off to hang out with us. I'm glad about that cause the night before, Me, Steve, and Chad hung out till about 4am! doing the usual chicago things and ending up at Clarks in Lincoln Park. Clarks brings up so many memories, espcially on how I was first introduced to the place, but nows not the time for that.


blizzardlove
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.


We went to Darma Garden near steve's house and had this Thai feast. It was incredible! Diep, Steve, Dan, Sarah, Chad and I ate like kings while the snow came down hard. We ended up at Steve's place and played Munchkin till late. Sarah invited us to spend the night at Dan's place and stupidly me and Chad did not do that. We cursed at ourselves the whole ride home.

As you can see from the earlier post, I spent a lot of time with Chad, and in the other hours with my parents, my uncle, relatives and other random people. I was so busy, but at the same time I had an amazing time. I'm so glad to have spent this time with everyone and I hope to do it again soon. Maybe a yearly tradition even!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home