Il Mulino - BUBS welcome party
Last night the CEO flew into town and we all went to Pete (our head trader's) resturant in the Moscow Suburbs. Il Mulino has to have some of the best food I've ever had. Obviously since the owner was eating with us and his bosses were at the table, we got nothing but the best. It was a nice night out, it took us a long time to get there since Moscow traffic is unreal. Its in this area called Zhukofka where nothing but the super rich live. Huge american style houses and mercedes with tinted glass.
The party was in part a celebration for the end of a deal, the end of year end reviews and also my welcome party. Everyone made speeches and toasts. The CEO toasted to the team, the head of IB toasted to the deal, Pete did the classic thing where he went around the room and made comments about everyone. Someone made this one toast about how we should have fun in this life or else kill ourselves!!! We all took notice of that toast.
What was really sweet was when it was Charles' turn. He stood up and made this toast in honor of me. He wanted to toast to my bravery, my efforts and hard work and went on for 2 mins about how happy he was that I came to moscow. He said he felt bad cause I was single man in Moscow...all the guys started to laugh and started the whole "ha ha ha" routine. But then he made this pledge to help me in whatever situation and wished me well. I blushed....
Of course when the CEO of your company tells you its your turn to toast, like it or not, you have to do it. I stood up made some stupid comments about how I was happy to be here, and thanked Charles for his kind words. It was a fun night out and these guys can really drink. I'm not much of a drinker so I feel fine today.
I stay late (till 2am) and talked to Akaki. He is our MA head. He was from Georgia (the country) and kept thinking I was from Lebanon. He kept telling me about his friend from Chicago that lives in Wyoming. I was only 1/2 pay attention. He was a sweet guy. He gave me his phone number and said if I ever need ANYTHING, any help or if I'm in trouble...I should call him 24/7. I have no idea what that means.
Sitting at work now. This work world is mainly my life now. I don't mind. Eventually I will make Moscow more of my home....or kill myself.....trying



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home