Alive and Cold - Day 1
Well me and Chad are ripping up Moscow. I feel morelike I'm ripping up my feet with all the walking wedid today. My new Boss just called me to see how Iwas doing. I took today off cause its a holiday inRussia (even though there are people in the office)and to hang out with Chad. My boss asked if I wasgetting on ok, he was worried I was in a river orsomething. I told him I was ok and in good spirits(which is true) and looked forward to my first day atwork tomorrow am (for those of you not in Russia its7:30pm here now). I asked him if he was calling fromthe office and he said "Farhan, I don't work onholidays...I'm the boss". I laughed nervously andthen changed the subject.
Chad seems to be enjoying himself. He says Moscow reminds him of Paris, but without the dog crap on theground. We spent the whole day walking around theKremlin, taking photos of ourselves in Red Square andtrying to make heads or tails of the Russian languageand Metro system. It seems that we really like theArarat Hyatt Rooftop bar/cafe, since we've been theretwice in 12 hours. We are staying at the TatianaHotel near my office, the Ararat is near the Kremlin.We just order Cappocinos and sit there to rest outbones while looking at great 360 panoramic views of moscow and listening to chill out music.
Our Hotel is really nice. ITs got a fitness center (2treadmills and a bike) and a little resturant that hasa decent breakfast. I'm booked to stay there for 3weeks but can get it extended if need be. I have thiswhole week booked up with Chad (he lived Fri morning)so I don't have much time for apartment searching yet....
Its about 36 degress here during the day. Its wintercoat weather, but there is no wind so its bearable. Its brisk but keeps you alert and awake. I'm still abit jet lagged, but will have to be up and ready forwork tomorrow.
I haven't opened up all 4 of my suitcases yet. I'm abit puzzled on why I packed my mixer when I didn'tbring a guitar or a synthasizer! There are a fewextra things I packed that I shouldn't have, but oh well
I"m in an internet cafe right next to the office. I couldjust go upstairs and say hi to everyone, but why rushfirst impressions. If I sit back and think about how long I plan on living here,its just too overwhelming. I think getting busy withwork and the day to day life stuff will be good. Best wishes and take care

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home