Tuesday, November 09, 2004

First Day of Work

Well today is my first day or work, there was an annoucement in theoffice about me joining:

"
Мы рады сообщить, что Фархан Казми начал работать в Московском офисе Брансвик Ю Би Эс в качестве Менеджера по работе с инвесторами. Многие из вас уже знают Фархана по его работе в офисе в Нью-Йорке, а также по его приездам в Москву. До прихода в UBS в 2002 году Фархан работал в BP Amoco в США и Abbot Investment Management в Великобритании. Фархан имеет диплом в области политической экономике Университета Иллиноис. "

Фархан Казми - Farhan Kazmi

Its ok here, no too much pressure yet, although I feel like I'm always being watched. I have many forms to fill out and people are trying tohelp me get an apartment. Lena who is the girl I'm replacing, she is trying to help me get an apartment. She wants me to live the Russian Standard life, like the common people. Pete, our head trader, wants me to live high on the hog and enjoy life. They started to have this argument cause Pete said I needed a driver and should live in the best place, Lena sez I should just take the Subway and save my money.... I'm stuck in the middle, but I do think getting a driver is a good idea. Besides, I've never had one before, life is all about new experiences eh?

Tomorrow, I interview someone to become my driver. Having a driver is good cause not only does he drive you everywhere in his car, he does yourgrocery shoping and pays your bills. He also protects you when the cops are after you and will lie to your girlfriend about where you were the previous night. That is what Pete keeps pushing as a benefit.

Chad is wondering the streets of Moscow right now. I am organizing a tour for him tomorrow with a tour guide and a car. I gave him my cellphone today. Everytime I call he's at someplace strange. He was last at the Starlight Dinner having a shake and relaxing his dogs. Tonight we are going to the Bolshoi Theatre to see a tradition Russian Opera, I'll let you know tomorrow if its any good.

We are going to see Camouflage on Thursday but I also have a Sales/Trading dinner with my new team on the same day. They want me to bring Chad aswell which is nice. I'll probably miss the beginning of the show but thats ok. I have to keep everyone happy.

I wish the NY office people would stop bugging me. I don't work there anymore kitkats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home