Monday, December 18, 2006

48 Hours


headphone
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
I'm laying in bed, its cold and of course its Moscow and I'm looking at photos of me and my sister's trip to Egypt. in 2005. Egypt also happens to be one of the few places Russians can go and get a visa on the spot. Why not.....and why not now! So within a matter of days, me and Sasha were on our ways to a quick 48 hours of sand, sun, pryamids, and fun in Egypt.

Sasha has never been to Cairo or Egypt before so this was extra special for her. We arrived in Cairo late night on Friday and checking into our hotel at 2am. We then hired a car and went all over the city. Our first stop was, of course, the pryamids of Giza. They looked huge, magestic, and dark because they are not lit up at all a night. I forced Sasha to squint and try to make out the silloette of the Sphinx. In the end, we took a "magical" horse ride around a parking lot and saw the great wonders of the world in a way most people don't. Afterwards we went to an Egpytian Cafe at the Hanna Halili market and drank tea at 4am. We did get back to our Cairo hotel, enough time to shower, sleep for 30 min, and barely catch our flight to Hurghada.

Hurghada complex was just......paradice. We had our own private suite right on the beach, with our own back yard patio and private sun area. So what if we didn't sleep for 48 hours....we got our sun clothes on and just layed happily in the sun together. We ate well, relaxed and just felt the warmth of the sun on our faces.

The hotel was nice, and the service and spa was amazing, but I'll always remember just how much fun we had and how we got to spend time talking about things we are too busy to normally talk about. So much I learned and so much I felt and did, and all in 48 hours......the weekend.....don't ever let it go to waste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home