Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Winter


dogsuit grump
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
Its been a really mild winter so far. Oh, so its NEAR freezing but not much snow at all. I'm still wearing my suede shoes and lightish jacket. I shouldn't really celebrate though cause Winter lasts till April and I have a long way to go. I'm not traveling TO chicago and NOT looking forward to the weather there. The reports I'm hearing are relentless...I guess we lucked out this year in term of global warming!

This photo is right outside my home in MOscow. They opened up this new Cafe right across the street and they had this guy dressed up as a dog handing out fliers. I don't know about you, but there is something about people dressed up as things that gets me really excited. Maybe its because I...ahem...confression time...I was the school Mascot in Korea. (John, Faiza, do you remember this? Rehan you were thankfully too young). Yes, I was the SIS tiger. I became friends with the cheerleaders (I'm not THAT dumb afterall) and got time off from school because of it. I even traveled to tournaments all over Korea. That whole incident lead to me being embarressed in front of my whole class in the school Gym, the mascot, the captain of the cheerleading team, my bold move.....gosh I haven't thought of that story in a long while...lets say I crashed and burned badly but earned a lot of respect from my classmates. Those mormans!

Anyways, back to the photo...This guy is handing out fliers and he's really really upset about doing it. He has no ethusiasim, probably cause he's either embarressed or (since it is Russia after all) he's drink. The guy comes next to him and starts smoking. The dog guy asks this guy (who turns out to be the manager of the place) if he can smoke too.....but sadly he was told.."NO!"...the depression continues.

The lack of sunshine has had some effect on my mood, and everyone elses. We had our company xmas party this last weekend. It was another disasterous night out.

bubs xmas boogie
Originally uploaded by edgetolife.
There was a comedian, a monkey that was trained to eat with a knife and fork, and our company photographer taking loads of photos of your favorite moscovite as I danced the night away. Give me a beat and some boredom and watch me boogie. Ksenia, my co-worker/friend was in a strange mood herself. She likes conflict and picks on people to have fights with. Last Xmas I remember her a nick having this huge fight. She's always fighting with people. This year she tried starting some conflict with me, but I wasn't having any of it cause I was tired and it was loud. She got more annoyed but what was I going to do about it. I like this photo, cause although I look like crap, you can just see her face. I took her cola and drank it, why? cause I was thirsty from all my boogie....she wasn' pleased. Things are fine now, i'm still amused.

Time to pack. I have photos and tons of stories to tell, but I hope to tell them in person. Today we sent with Condolances flowers to a co-worker in Ldn because he's a con man himself....funny story...again. Shishleva....paka...snodum gordum...yadda yadda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home