Having history
This one is for the kwagster. My loyal friend whom I've know now for umm....16 years I think? We met in middle school. Yes...middle school. Do you remember how ackward middle school was? All those crap classes and crap teachers. Well that was most of education now wasn't it. John and I went to Seoul International School. I knew he was from Massachucetts when he first came to our class. One of the first controversial things he ever told me was that in his town, Nintentos were being sold for like 75 bucks. I thought that was BS and from that day on, we were fierce competitors.PE, the langauge arts, newspaper, drama, scholatic bowl, art, scuba diving club, fencing, bowling team, dungens and dragons, computer games, friends, women....you name it, we were involved and trying to beat each other at it. I hated the guy. It was very reministant of the movie Rushmore. We were both Max fisher, idealogical, naive, in love with older women, wanted to be an adult, and terrible at school. We rebeled against authority but could not be friend! You know he's the fool that got in into most of the music I love too. Jerk.
So after all these years, we are still good friends and I'm really happy about that. He will always have my back and I his. Even if we don't talk for years, its still there. The guy even had to beat me and got engaged after all my yapping about the topic. Jerk. he's getting married this May and I'm glad and honored to say that I will be his best mate when he takes those huge steps. Oh, how far we've come. What would Mary Jean and Amanda say about us now....probably "what happened to your hair guys?!?!"......


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home